The middle back is defined as the region anywhere between your neck and the bottom of your rib cage.
Each year, Australians spend $1 billion on treatments for mid back pain. So what causes it and how to treat it?
Common causes of middle back pain:
- Overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, and discs that support your spine.
- Poor posture.
- Pressure on the spinal nerves from certain problems, such as a herniated disc.
- Osteoarthritis caused by the breakdown of cartilage that cushions the small facet joints in the spine.
- Myofascial pain that affects the connective tissue of a muscle or group of muscles.
The most common middle back pain symptoms are:
- Weakness in your extremities, like arms and legs
- Sharp, dull or burning pain
- Stiff muscles and/or joints
How to Relieve Mid Back Pain Naturally
- Heat or Ice.
- Exercise. Exercise can be the key to recovery from mid back pain, as well as a good prevention against future pain.
- Manual therapy, such as massage, mobilization, and/or Chiropractic spinal adjustments.
Chiropractors will conduct a thorough history and examination to identify the underlying causes of the mid back pain and, using gentle adjustments, returns the body to proper alignment.
Chiropractic is so successful with mid back pain that it is the first choice, worldwide, of patients seeking alternative health care. Chiropractic is safe: chiropractors obtain advanced degrees, rigorous training and state licenses before working with patients.